Monday, October 10, 2011

Acer Aspire 4715z Keyboard Replacement

My Acer Aspire 4715z has served me for 3 years now. Unfortunately, its keyboard is already missing a lot of keys (picked by my daughter Anika when she was one). Typical laptop repair costs around PhP 2000 but I found a replacement keyboard on eBay, and, it only costs approximately PhP 650 (including shipping).

Lots of missing keys on my Acer Aspire 4715z
They were picked away by my daughter Anika about a year ago

Replacement keyboard from China
I only noticed it after installation that the F11 key gets stuck when pressed
Replacing the keyboard only took less than 2 minutes. There are 6 tabs that hold the keyboard, I used a sharp blade and a precision screwdriver to remove the keyboard. The ribbon cable is removed and replaced by sliding the lock on its connector.

Here's a quick video I took while replacing the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment