Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Simulation: Headphone Passive Bass Enhance

LTspice simulation
This is what I've been pondering on my virtual lab, a Passive Bass Enhance for my headphone and earbuds (fiddling with electronic EQ on phones and portable players is sometimes frustrating). I wanted it to be passive for times that I'd prefer not to have a bulky battery-powered amp, perhaps during commutes.

The design is based on a Passive Baxandall Tone Control, with the low frequencies fixed at 6dB above midrange and highs. Resistances and capacitances are based on a 32-ohm driver. I still haven't tried this on actual circuit though to test actual sound and other effects. I'll post an update once I find the time to tinker with this on my lab.

Other EQ circuits (and amps) and details can be found on HeadWize.

No comments:

Post a Comment